Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm only happy when it Rain sucks

I've seen a lot of Pirate games in my life. Because of that, a lot of them tend to blend together. Going to PNC became more of a routine than anything during my years at Duquesne. You don't look forward to going to the bar, you go there because that's what you do. But then you spend a year away, and you look forward to going back, and then Paul Maholm gives up four straight doubles to open the game up, it rains, and you stand around for three hours until they cancel the game. What a f(*&ing drag.

In an humorless, evil twist of the universe I think the last time I was as excited for a Pirate game as I was tonight was back in 2004 when the Red Sox were in town and we had tickets for the 1903 throwback night. You know, the night that it rained and they canceled the game at 9:30 after two and a half hours of stalling. I kind of want to bitch and moan about how they got the squeegees out to clear the tarp off at 9:30 tonight to keep people in the park buying stuff, even though I don't think they had any intention of picking the game up tonight, but that's how every team does business and complaining about it would just be projecting my disappointment from missing the game onto things that have nothing to do with it.

To recap: I went to PNC Park, the Pirates looked pretty bad, and it rained. Glad to see everything's the same.