Wednesday, January 25, 2006

2006 Position Player Predictions

With Spring Training approaching and there not being a ton of Pirates news as pitchers and catchers make their way towards reporting I'm going to start off on my season predictions. I'm going to start with a position player a day (unless there's something like a "Super Bowl" on that day, in which case I won't be thinking about baseball). Position players will go first because we learn a lot more about pitchers when they report to camp (a la Oliver Perez last year). I'll be using their major and minor league numbers (from WTM's site), ZiPS projections, Baseball Reference's similar player comparisons, and of course my good old fashioned bias.

C- Ryan Doumit
1B- Sean Casey
2B- Jose Castillo
3B- Joe Randa
SS- Jack Wilson
LF- Jason Bay
CF- Chris Duffy
RF- Jeromy Burnitz