Thursday, September 18, 2008

The last day game

I'm not sure if it makes me happy or sad that today is the last time this season that I can pull up my RSS reader right before lunch and realize that there's about to be a Pirate game that I can put on my computer and have infuriate me in lab all afternoon. I am actually sad that this particular game is a day game because I'd love to see Clayton Kershaw pitch and I always like watching Paul Maholm. Brandon Moss gets the day off against the lefty and he's been slumping pretty badly, so that seems fair. That means that the LaRoche/LaRoche combination, which drove in seven of our 15 runs last night, returns to the lineup. And Nyjer Morgan and Jason Michaels are manning the corners tonight. If you combine their slugging percentages, they're at .745. That's almost a good OPS.