There's a reason that games like these are called "laughers." Consider the eight inning tonight; the Pirates rallied for eight runs will all of them coming with two outs.
- Ryan Doumit hits a right-handed two run homer off to give the Pirates a 9-7 lead. Slight grin.
- Andy LaRoche singles in two runs, giving the Pirates an 11-7 lead. Grin grows to borderline goofy proporitions.
- Doug Mientkiewicz triples thanks to a misplayed ball in right by Andre Ethier. 12-7. Chortle.
- Jason Michaels singles in Mientkiewicz. 13-7. Another snicker.
- Freddy Sanchez grounds out to first, only to have James Loney screw up the throw while Michaels and Nyjer Morgan race around the bases to score and make the game 15-7. Actual honest to goodness laughter at the ridiculousness of the inning, the number on the scoreboard, and the path of the season in general.