Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gorzo's return

Despite the game not being televised in Pittsburgh tonight, Tom Gorzelanny is in fact making his return to the Pirates rotation. It's hard to ask for him to have pitched better in AAA than he did with Indianapolis (33 strikouts, 4 walks, 28 hits, 2.06 ERA in 36 inning and 7 starts), so hopefully he's worked out whatever issues he had earlier in the year and can give us a strong finish. He goes against Jeff Suppan tonight and if you're dialing the radio in (or flipping on the TV if you're out of town) this is one of those funny 7 PM starts in the Central Time Zone.

I'm heading to Durham tonight to watch Indianapolis as they roll into town against the Bulls. I had hoped to see Dan McCutchen, but he turned in a nice start last night against Charlotte. Instead, I guess I'll have to settle for David Price starting for the Bulls and get my first look at Andrew McCutchen in person.