Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Links that may interest you

Shawn Chacon is filing for free agency. Apparently he'd like to come back to Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, I would like the Pirates to be good. I don't think either of us will get what we want, but if he does, I almost certainly will not. Fun aside for everyone that misses Josh Fogg: aside from win/loss record (which is terribly arbitrary), Chacon's career numbers are pretty similar to Fogg's. And he's younger!

Tony Armas is gone. Our nightmare is over.

Someone named Luis Munoz just got put on the 40-man. According to WTM's profile, he used to go by an alias. That's pretty cool, if you ask me.

Ugh, all of that reading at the dot-com gave me a headache. I wish the PG weren't in "we're not budging until Neal's budging" mode.

There's a good interview with Charlie, author of the Bucs Dugout, here.

Via BBTF, ex-Pirates' GM Ted Simmons (the man who preceded Cam Bonifay but retired due to heart trouble after a year, thanks a million, Ted) will be the Brewers' bench coach next year. He's had a bunch of small scouting jobs since he left Pittsburgh, but he's been out of the spotlight for me to be really surprised to read that he's still in baseball.