Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Daniel Moskos signs

Very short on details thus far, but the Pirates have signed their first round pick Daniel Moskos.

I feel pretty sorry for Moskos, actually. I have a strong feeling that he's going to become the scapegoat for a lot of people for everything that's wrong with the Pirates. The guy can barely even get into a bar and have a drink and now he's going to have several thousand angry people holding him up and holding him responsible for what a couple idiots have done that's way out of his control.

No word yet on where Moskos will start. I would hope he'll start at least at Hickory, especially if we're going to use him as a reliever. If Brad Lincoln is any indication he'll probably get a couple appearances with Bradenton in the GCL before he gets moved up to anywhere, but in order for this pick to have a lot of value he's going to have to move through the system quickly. I guess we'll wait and see. There's a press conference sometime later today I think and I guess we'll learn more then.