Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jason Kendall is a Cub

I suppose this is the final fall-out of the Michael Barrett saga, the Cubs have traded Rob Bowen and a minor-league pitcher to the A's for the one and only Jason Kendall. This can't really be a great move for the Cubs. Kendall is washed up and has literally been the second least valuable offensive player in the league this year. Still, I guess Rob Bowen sucks pretty hard Wrigley Field is much more of a hitter's park than whatever they're calling the Oakland Coliseum now. Still, I just can't imagine this move helping the Cubs out a whole lot. I guess they're only giving up Bowen and a minor league reliever, but Kendall just seems so washed up that I fail to see this being the move that pushes them past the Brewers. I suppose he's coming cheap this late in the season and with us paying a hefty chunk of his big salary. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.