Friday, June 29, 2007

Game 79: Pirates 3 Nationals 2

So let me get this straight, in a Pirates' game tonight a team wasted a great outing by their starter, had a 2 run lead in the seventh inning, and then watched it disintegrate in an awful, ugly, bad loss. But it wasn't the Pirates. Oh, man, Nats fans. I feel really bad about this because I know how you feel.

But anyways, the Pirates played a good game tonight and if they saddled Snell with a loss, I would've been rather pissed and that probably says nothing about how he would've felt about it. In fact, I'm guessing the wrath of Snell is exactly what spurred the team on to victory. Nate McLouth had to get a hit when he pinch hit for Snell because otherwise, Snell would shoot laserbeams out of his eyes and murder him. And Bautista? Well, Snell knows how easy it can be to hit a sac fly and mentally influenced him into both the game tying sac fly and the game winner. Because come on... losing? Snell doesn't [expletive] do that.