Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Double dip

The Pirates and Brewers will face off twice today, once at 12:35 and once at shortly after the first one ends. The first game features Ian Snell and Pirate-hater Chris Capuano, the second one will be Ben Sheets and Shawn Chacon. So what I'm saying is, if the Pirates are going to win the series, they're going to have to win the first game. Today will be the first day in a new baseball world. Unfortunately for the Brewers and Pirates, it's not one in which they're good, it's simply one in which the Braves are bad for the first time since I was in kindergarten. I don't even want to try and wrap my mind around the fact that the Braves have won every division title during our 14 year slide and yet won less World Series than the Marlins, who didn't even come into existence until after the Braves third division championship. The more I think about it, the more everyone should hate the Marlins.