Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Why must I torture myself?

Yep, I'm going to the game tonight, weather permitting. I'll be there in my Irate Fans shirt (with an extra for the saxophone man on the bridge) which should be fairly easy to spot among the crowd of hundreds that I suspect will be there. I'm going because Ian Snell is pitching and because this is my only shot to see the White Sox as I can't go tomorrow or Thursday. Last time Snell pitched I said I would be watching for two reasons, 1.)Ian Snell and 2.) I am insane. My dad and brother (who both do the Jumble in the newspaper every morning, explaining how they made the connection) pointed out to me that "Ian Snell" is simply "insane" with two extra Ls. I don't know what that means, except that I'm still probably crazy. I mean, we all saw what the White Sox did to the Cards last week, right? I can't even imagine what's going to happen in this series, and I think it's just because my mind isn't twisted enough.

UPDATE (6 PM):
I don't know who was watching PTI tonight, but Kornheiser and Wilbon just had a fantastic exchange during "Over/Under" on the topic "The Pirates losing streak: 15 games." Kornheiser admitted he was going out on a limb by picking under, as the Bucs very well lost the next 10, given the schedule. Wilbon declared the Pirates would win tonight because "They got Snell going tonight, he's 7-4, he's their best pitcher, then they'll probably lose the next 11." Kornheiser then looks at him increduously and goes "SNELL? Do you even know his first name? What's his ERA?" to which Wilbon responds "I don't care what his first name is, he's got an ERA round four..." the two then argue while Reali yells off camera, "Wilbon, enough fantasy baseball, this is your intervention." ESPN is full of blowhards, but there's a reason I still watch PTI every day.