Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm baaaaaack

I'm back from Atlanta and I'll be honest... I've haven't had many Pirates related thoughts while I was gone. I wish I could tell you that I took the tour of Turner Field and burned a Francisco Cabrera card while emptying the ashes on the field, but unsurprisingly when you go to a city that features the world's largest aquarium and a nice little bar literally 10 feet from your hotel, people aren't all that excited to go see an empty baseball stadium. I will say that I liked Atlanta way more than I ever thought possible, given my history with the city. Due to some bizarro weather patterns, it was like 30 degrees there on Saturday and never got much warmer than 50, and yet it by the time we got back to Duquesne today it was like 70 in the 'Burgh, but that really wasn't a big deal. Mostly (but not quite) everyone there was incredibly nice and friendly, and very helpful. There was also some chemistry afoot, but I won't bore you with that. While I don't think I can ever really completely forgive Atlanta for the hole in my soul the '91 and '92 LCS put there, but I guess I can begrudgingly admit that it isn't so bad. The plane ride there also gave me a good chance to give a long perusal of BP 2006 (the plane ride back this morning required a 5:15 AM wake-up, which meant that though I would've liked to do some reading a nap was more in line), which means that it's almost time for 2006 predictions. I have some school stuff to do for now, but I'll be back sometime this afternoon/evening to resume the usual blogging.