Monday, October 10, 2005

Ugh, more on the interviews

In today's redundant "news" Dave Littlefield is travelling to Houston to meet with Jim Tracy. Gee whiz, isn't that where Tracy's agent is based? Yep, yep it is. Apparently, DL is not coming back to Pittsburgh until after the organizational meetings in Brandenton end, meaning that a formal announcement may not come until the end of the week. But I think we all know where this is headed.

If you're looking for something a little different, John Perrotto has an article today about how this is a win-win situation for us, as long as we hire Macha or Tracy. He also goes on to make some Moneyball connections that I'm not sure I completely agree with, but I do think that a manager can be more important than people give them credit for. I guess we'll get to find out this year.