Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Nationals 5 Pirates 4

I didn't have a chance for any radio or computer access today until right now, so pretty much all I have to go on for this game is the score and the wire recap, that is not much. I'm disappointed by the loss, I really thought we were good enough to take two from the Nationals at home. I'm always disappointed to see Jose Guillen doing well against us because we were really blind when it comes to him (Guillen and Randa both fall into the "Whyyyyyy?" category, I mean Guillen was 20 years old, never played above A ball, and we thought he was immature... gee I wonder why, nice work Cam). Bobby Hill had two hits and got on base four times last night, so of course it makes perfect sense to put Tike back in the outfield today. From the boxscore I see he got on base once and scored on Bay's first inning homer. I can't comment on his play in the field because I really have nothing to go on. Fogg pitched his typical Fogg game, kept us close as usual, only to have the bullpen lose the game. In his last 8 starts he's 1-1, but the team is 1-7. This was not what we needed in this series, because these four games in St. Louie this weekend are looking uglier and uglier.