Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Mets have the brooms ready

Remember when we traded for Matt Morris and the goal was to keep Tony Armas and John Van Benschoten out of the rotation? Armas is still starting, and sadly I think I have more confidence in him at the moment than I do in Morris. He's made a couple decent starts in his last two outings and has managed to keep the Pirates in the games that he's pitched, which I had no idea he was even remotely capable of. He'll face off against Brian Lawrence who, if I remember correctly, the Pirates nearly signed instead of Armas. He's spent most of the year in AAA rehabbing his myriad arm problems, but he's back with the Mets now and facing off against the Pirates, so I bet he's got a good feeling his career is about to get back on the right track.