Saturday, June 23, 2007

Game 73: Angels 5 Pirates 4

It seems like whenever I drive from Boardman back to my house and the Pirates are playing, bad things happen to the Pirates. The simplest explanation is that bad things usually happen to the Pirates, so why should nights I can barely hear them on the radio be different?

When I got into my car, I could hear the Pirates were winning 4-1. I couldn't tell what inning it was, but judging by the time, I assumed it was pretty early (6th or 7th inning was my guess). I heard the Angels score two runs, but my reception cut out. I tried the local Pirates affiliate, but they haven't carried any of the west coast games this year. I got back to my house and put the game on TV except that, oh yeah, it wasn't on TV because FSP has better things to put on TV at midnight on Friday in the summer. Looked up gamecast, tie game 4-4. Said, "screw it" and went to bed (it was like 1:30 AM, I had a long day yesterday). Woke up this morning and found exactly what I expected to see. 5-4 Angels, L- Bayliss.

But hey, at least we scored some runs.