Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Gorzo tries to prove himself

Only one way to make up for a bad spring and that's to kick ass during the season. That's what Tom Gorzelanny is going to try and do tonight as the rest of the Bucs will try to break out their brooms and do the unthinkable- sweep the Astros in Houston. Gorzo's mound opponent will be Woody Williams. Williams is 40 now and though he pitched pretty well last year, he did it within the friendly confines of Petco Park in San Diego. Minute Maid is not so friendly and I think Williams' career may be headed quickly over the hill. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Gamethread has to go up early because I have a freaking night class that will cause me to miss a bunch of the game. Not sure how much I'll be around in the comments tonight, but that doesn't mean you guys can't use 'em. What I'd like to see tonight is us just beating the Astros into submission. As nice as it is to open up the season with two wins, the Astros have given us a lot of slack and we've managed to strangle them with it. I want to see us grab one by the balls and take it ourselves.