Saturday, January 27, 2007

Links

I'm honestly having a hard time getting excited about Piratefest this year. I'm not even planning on going down to the convention center to see it, and it's mostly out of apathy for the team. I think the overwhelming optimism from Jim Tracy and the talking heads on TVs has actually pushed me further in the opposite direction. Anyways, on to some links.

Jim Tracy, Jack Wilson, Freddy Sanchez, and Jason Bay talk lineups in the PG today. It's kind of horrifying how often bunting is brought up. If Freddy Sanchez ever bunts anyone over to third base next year... I'm going to stop that thought there before I get in trouble.

This notebook
has Jack Wilson's quote from Savran last night where he rips into Jose Castillo. I know Jack works hard, but come on, people in glass houses...

The former Buried Treasure is now the Pittsburgh Lumber Co. at the newly revamped MVN. The old link should redirect you to the new site, but you may want to update your links accordingly. Cory of the Roundtable and ANPG has joined Randy Linville as a co-author over there.

The Red Sox may be trying to trade for Todd Helton. This comes right on the heels of them (finally) finalizing the JD Drew deal.

Jeff Weaver's contract with the Mariners is for one year and over $8 million. Someone in the comments asked me how much I'd spend for Weaver. The answer is "certainly not that much."