Saturday, September 23, 2006

Let's get some hits

Interesting pitching matchup tonight with Duke and Peavy on the mound. Duke has been very good since the All-Star Break and nothing short of fantastic in his last three starts (23 innings, 2 earned runs, 2 wins) and Peavy has also been excellent since August 1st or so, with the only exception being one start in Colorado and his start in the Dodger's memorable homer barrage on Monday night. As has been the storyline in the last couple weeks, this game is much more important to the team the Pirates are playing than it is to the Pirates themselves. This doesn't seem to stop the Bucs from ruining clinching parties, division leads, or no-hitters. I'd sure love to see another great start from Duke tonight, and I'd also like to see some hits from the black and gold before the ninth inning, if we can at all make something like that happen. Again, I'm at home dogsitting, so I'll be able to catch most of this one.

Correction: What I meant to say was that I'm at home dogsitting and I would be able to catch most of this one, if it were on TV, which it is not. Instead, Kansas and South Florida are gracing FSP tonight. Yipee.