Thursday, September 21, 2006

Argh

I had a post 90% finished about some stuff that I think is really important to keep in mind for next year, then Firefox crashed and for some reason Blogger hadn't auto-saved my draft like it usually does (and is supposed to). Because I think it's an important post, I'm going to have to painstakingly recreate it, at which point I probably won't post it until Monday, as readership drops on Fridays and weekends. None of this is specifically your problem, but it's just a heads up because I do realize that the amount of opinion posts and non-link, recap, or gamethread based posts has dropped of late. It's mostly because the end of the season is a boring time from the standpoint of writing about a next-to-last place team. It's too early to start into the season in review and offseason outlook stuff, but it's also too late in the season to get terribly excited about anything the Pirates end up doing. All I'm getting at here is that the I'm going to start more into the offseason mindset starting next week, and then we can get into the season review stuff after that. So be patient just a little while longer. But until then, links!

Andrew, author of Dodger Math, which was always one of my favorite non-Pirate blogs, moved over to True Blue LA on SBN a while back and I never bothered to update my links. Now would appear to be an appropriate time to do so.

Another one of those Pirate blogs that I've meant to link for a while and never did, A New Pirates Generation, formerly an MLBlog, now housed at Blogspot.

More trouble may be a-brewing between the Duffster and team management over winterball (they want him to play, he doesn't want to). Both deny that this is a big deal, but I'm a little wary given the happenings earlier in the season.

McClatchy rumors continue to swirl. I had intended to include this link in the above mentioned post and I know it's a couple days old (so many of you have seen it), but I'll throw it out there for anyone that hasn't.

Check out the Elias Says box in the ESPN recap of last night's game. Perhaps Tracy was right when he said that Torres gets better when he pitches more. But remember, folks, Mike Gonzalez is untouchable.