Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reds 9 Pirates 8

I don't know if things can possibly get worse than this. Not only do Santos, Capps, and Marte suck enough to turn a 6-0 lead to a 9-7 deficit, but Jose Hernandez goes 0-for-4 and because he was in the lineup instead of Wilson, Paulino came to the plate with the tying run on third with two outs in the ninth instead of Thor. I'm thoroughly disgusted right now, that game was the worst thing I've seen (OK, heard on the radio) in a loooong time and I don't even know how to put into words how sick that game just made me. If Santos makes another start, if Hernandez sees the field again... Ugh, I don't even want to think about what he's going to do in an AL park this weekend. Common sense dictates Doumit will DH, he looked fine last night taking Burnitz sized cuts at the plate, but Tracyball dictates that Hernandez will start at first three days in a row and Craig Wilson will DH. I just threw up in my mouth after I typed that sentence.

Today the only bright spots were Jason Bay, who I think is finally back to his old self (though I'd like to see a replay of Griffey's game winning hit in the 7th, it sounded like maybe Bay should've made the play on that ball), and Freddy Sanchez who's batting a ludicrous .346 after a 3-for-5 today. Try and bench him when Randa comes back, Jim, I dare you.