Monday, March 06, 2006

RIP Kirby Puckett

I'm not a Twins fan, but it's almost impossible not to like Kirby Puckett, post career allegations and all. Kirby was a guy anyone could relate to, a guy that could make any nine year old kid think he can play baseball, but most of all a guy everyone loved to watch because you could just tell that there was no where else he'd rather be than a baseball field doing what he loved. Of course he'll forever be associated with what was probably the best World Series of the 90s, the 1991 epic between the Braves and Twins.

I have to be honest, this is really kind of shocking to me. He's really the first baseball superstar I can remember seeing play on TV as a kid to pass away. Sometimes it hits you that it reallyis just a game.

Any condolences you want to send the way of Twins' fans I'd recommend sending them to Batgirl.