Monday, November 14, 2005

Steve Phillips is an idiot

Steve Phillips has had a list up on ESPN insider for a few days now of the top 50 free agents this year. I was going to do a full post about it, but I read it and decided it was barely worth it. I will mention it since I know a lot of people don't have Insider. Suffice to say, among the top 50, Brian Meadows, Jose Mesa, Rick White, and Daryle Ward don't crack the list. Phillips also doesn't predict any of the top 50 to sign with us. This isn't a big deal, because Phillips predicts the only three third basemen on the list, Nomar, Mueller, and Randa (if you count Nomar as a third baseman) to sign with the Dodgers. As if his time as the Mets GM, his ramblings on Baseball Tonight, and those God-awful fake press conferences weren't enough, this probably proves it once and for all (say it with me now), Steve Phillips is an idiot.