Thursday, November 17, 2005

A major announcement?

I got an e-mail from Pirates.com this morning saying the Bucs have a "major annoucement" to make today at 3 PM ET. I'm not sure what it is, but either they're doing a good job keeping it under wraps or it's not really that major because no one else(not the PG, not any of the other Pirates blogs, not ESPN or Deadspin... though those last two would only be involved if it was something REALLY major, Rotoworld won't load so I can't check it) has anything about it. Judging by the comments on the post directly below this one, the Bucs aren't close enough with Bay to have a deal done. Still, if they call this "major" and it ends up being the hiring of the rest of their coaching staff or something like that I'm not going to be very pleased.

UPDATE: Apparently it is Bay. Just a couple minutes after I hit publish on the above post the top baseball story on ESPN.com changed. No word on length or terms, which I suppose will come out later.