Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm still here

Sorry for the long gap in posting, but between the Super Bowl yesterday and lame school excuses, I've been a bit busy the last couple days. I'm totally still here and counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report, which feels like it might as well be tomorrow now that the NFL is done. All I've got for now is some links and hopefully I get post something of substance tomorrow. I'm going to launch into a season preview soon, but to be honest those posts take a long time and I don't like half-assing things like that, so I'll have them running just as soon as I have enough time to get them right.

Anyways, David Pinto at Baseball Musings did one of my favorite exercises of the off-season: taking predictions and plugging them into his lineup analysis tool to see how the Bucs might look next year. He concludes that the Pirates aren't actually terrible at getting on base, they're just kind of powerless to drive those guys in. His solution is one that's certainly been kicked around in Pittsburgh before, even though it's something that will never happen. I'll be honest, my next long post will almost certainly be a riff on this theme.

Nice to see Jose Bautista hitting well in the Caribbean World Series.

This is seriously kind of blowing my mind
. The Cubs and Brewers will be among the best two teams in the NL this year and will likely fight for first place/a wild card. The rest of the division will probably continue to be awful.

I know this is a baseball blog and everything, but man, I had to watch the Super Bowl with like 4 Pats fans yesterday and sometimes, schadenfreude is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Long post with substance is coming tomorrow, I promise.