Sunday, September 30, 2007

Seasons end, blogs go on

First off, I want to thank everyone that has helped me make WHYGAVS what it is this summer. Things always get dicey at the end of the season when the Pirates get eliminated, school starts, and my moving to North Carolina hasn't helped at all. I'm not here to talk to you about my traffic or anything like that, but I will say that despite me splitting my time between WHYGAVS and FanHouse all summer, WHYGAVS saw more page views and visitors in the summer of '07 than it did in the summer of '06, and that's entirely because of you guys. I've only been writing this for two and a half years, but knowing that there are other Pirate fans out there that are just as passionate, dedicated, and neurotic as I am is a comfort that I can barely even begin to explain. Thank you.

If you haven't been around these parts before, the off-season doesn't mean that WHYGAVS will stop. I watch a lot of playoff baseball and while a lot of that coverage will go to FanHouse this year (hey, they pay me), I'll still have stuff to say here. On top of that, I'll be doing my customary season review where I'll break down what the players did compared to what was expected and what we might be able to look forward too. I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on Neal Huntington and everything he does (and I know that sounds creepy). On Wednesdays, I'm bringing back the "Where Have You Gone..." feature that was so popular in the summer, but got left by the wayside for a number reasons (none of them were good reasons, either). I think it's better suited for this time of year anyways. I've also got something a little more on the fun and goofy side of things in mind, though I don't know if I'm going to be able to pull it together. I'll do my best, though.

What I'm saying is that as the winter wears on and you feel like you're the only person in the world still thinking about the Pirates, don't worry. You most certainly are not, and I'll be here to prove it.