Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Links

Thanks to J in the comments for passing along this Andy Van Slyke story, which I wrote up for FanHouse here because I couldn't resist the opportunity to mention the 1991 highlight video tape to a wider audience.

ESPN is running a "face of the franchise" thingy on their website and they've asked bloggers to contribute. Charlie is giving his Pirate pick that should be up already but isn't. I'll post the link now anyways because I'm sure it'll be up soon and I won't get to post until much later today.

Duke Welker, breakout star of the 2007 draft is done for the year. Brian Graham claims the Pirates are just being cautious. Like anyone believes anything Brian Graham says.

Dan Duquette?
Ugh. Maybe I'm just programmed to hate everything the Pirates do no matter what, but none of the CEO "candidates" thus far have seemed inspiring to me.