Friday, August 31, 2007

Jack Wilson not traded ... yet

Jack Wilson fully expects that when the clock strikes midnight tonight, he's still going to be a Pirate. But he thinks that it might not last much longer:

"With all the speculation that happened and Cesar Izturis here, I don't see myself coming back. I really don't. There are four or five teams that could use a shortstop, so I still expect a trade will happen."
I love how everyone that talks about this situation just assumes that Cesar Izturis is this
great backup waiting to take over and lead the Pirates into greatness. Sadly, Izturis is one of the few shortstops in the league worse at the plate than Wilson. But doesn't Jack just sound giddy when he talks about getting traded? It's like he's been waiting for this day for years. Oh, wait. He probably has been.