Saturday, July 21, 2007

How long can it last?

Early gamethread tonight. Paul Maholm will do his best to keep the losing streak from reaching eight games against Wandy Rodriguez and the Astros tonight. Maholm and Wandy have both pitched pretty well of late save their last starts, so tonight might be a quick boring game, kind of like last night's. I'm again expecting to see the Cesar Izturis debut tonight, but then again Matt Kata had a hit last night so maybe he'll get to play for a week or so. I'll be honest, I still have no idea what Kata even looks like. A loss in this one gives us sole possession of last place in the Central, a place that most of us thought would belong to the Pirates this year. The Reds have kept it warm for us for most of the season, but I feel pretty confident this team is ready to assume their proper place.

Again, as a final reminder for anyone coming to the game tonight, I'll be at the statue of Roberto around 6:30, so if you'd like to hang out with some WHYGAVS people, stop by and say hello. If you can't make it that early, I'm probably just going to stake out a spot on the rotunda for the game.