Thursday, June 21, 2007

Game 71: Mariners 7 Pirates 0

Jeff Weaver threw a complete game 4-hit shutout at us tonight. I'm not sure I can, or need, to say anything else. My pre-game prediction was waay to optimistic, and that never happens. Paul Maholm sucked tonight, but who cares? We got shut-out by Jeff Weaver. Jeff Weaver. In my life-time I have played for two (not one, but two) baseball teams that finished with 0-14 records. We specialized in losing by the ten run rule. I have never, ever, been so embarrassed by the outcome of a baseball game as I am this morning. Jeff Weaver shut us out. He shouldn't even have a job in the big leagues. He was thisclose to being CUT before tonight's game. And he shut us out. We could win every game for the rest of the year and it wouldn't make this suck any less. But we won't win every game for the rest of the year. Because we just got shut-out by Jeff Weaver.