Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's Rajai Davis time!!!

Everyone has been bitching about the Pirates for weeks now and the Pirates have finally made a change... Humberto Cota is going back to AAA and Rajai Davis is coming up. My initial thoughts:

  • Cota still has options left? How is that possible?
  • Blah. Who cares.
  • And that was it.
Charlie is fond of saying that Davis is like a worse version of Chris Duffy (and Nyjer Morgan is a worse version of Rajai Davis so...) and he's right. I know the goal of this move is to help the bench, but, umm, how does having a bench of Davis, McLouth, Kelly (at least I think he's still on the team), Castillo, and the nightly loser of the Doumit/Nady/Paulino sweepstakes qualify as better than anything?

This is the 2,000th post in WHYGAVS history. I was going to do a special post about that in itself, but then I decided that Humberto Cota being demoted for Rajai Davis was a microcosm
for the 2+ years I've been writing this blog and that it would be fitting if that's what post #2,000 was about.