Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Tony Armas streak ends

My streak of going to games started by Tony Armas will finally come to it's painful close at a whopping two. Instead, I get to see Paul Maholm tonight. Consider me tickled pink. By my count, this will be the sixth game I've attended this year. Currently the Pirates are 0-5. I am not positive about tonight, however, as former Bucco prospect Chris Young will take the mound for the Padres and he seems bound and determined to no-hit his former employers. Last year in two starts against us, he took a no-no into the sixth once and into the ninth another time, the last time being foiled by a Joe Randa home run. The last game I went to, Chuck James flirted with a no-no for the Braves. Perhaps this will be a culmination of everything this time around.

I kind of hope not, despite everything that has happened this year, the Pirates are in second place and only 5.5 games out of first. An undeserving bunch of underachievers is probably going to win this division. Why not us?

Also, to the Pirate marketing department, if you're out there, An undeserving bunch of underachievers is probably going to win this division. Why not us? is a much better team slogan than We Will. Just saying.