Monday, April 09, 2007

The Home Opener!

So, it's 40 degrees out. Who cares? Baseball finally returns to PNC Park after a 6 month absence today and I don't think I'm the only one that's excited. Duquesne claims that the reason we don't have school today is something called "Easter Monday" but I think we all know better because today really is Home Opener Monday, certainly one of my favorite days of the year. This may be the last home opener I can enjoy in person for quite some time, so you damn well better believe I'm going to be there enjoying it.

Anyways Ian Snell and Braden Looper face off as the first place Pirates host the fifth place Cards (I love saying that, even if it is after only six games) this afternoon. That's an encouraging pitching match-up right there. Snell was dominant in his first start and Braden Looper is, well, Braden Looper. Snell being on the mound can only mean one thing, it's Ian Snell Insult time! Today we're going to go with one from Woody Allen. I have no idea who it's about, but it's a doozy and it should get Ian plenty riled up.

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.

And I'd be remiss without given Dejan a big thank you for the mention in his Q&A today.