Sunday, March 04, 2007

Quick links

Baseball America's Top 100 Prospects list is out. The Pirates have McCutchen (#13), Lincoln (#69), and Walker (#74) all on the list.

The Trib has given their much maligned Bucco Blog (not the one you're probably thinking about: this one was last actually used by Chris Kucharski for the Trib over a year ago I think) to the new Pirate beat writer, Rob Biertempfel. I don't like much that the Trib does, but I think this is a good idea (both Reds beat writers in Cincy have blogs and they're very popular). If nothing else, it gives Biertempfel a space to share an amusing story about a run-in with the Japanese media.

This was a couple days ago, but I really enjoyed Rowdy's post at HW about how much we "deserve" to see a winner.

ETA: I forgot one. Forbes has ranked all of the general manager in every sport. Dave Littlefield ranks in at 84 out of 98 with Bill Bavasi as the only MLB GM coming in below him. They used some crazy math to figure out who the best is, but I'd say it's an unreliable list since Kevin McHale came in first (via Deadspin).

I'm going to do some real stuff tomorrow, I promise.