Friday, March 30, 2007

2007 National League Predictions

NL East

  1. Phillies
  2. Mets (WC)
  3. Braves
  4. Marlins
  5. Nationals
So why the Phillies this year? Because the Mets have an awful starting rotation, that's why. I still think the Mets potent offense wins them the Wild Card. The Marlins are still a year away and might step back with injuries to their young rotation. The Nationals might be the worst team ever.

NL Central
  1. Brewers
  2. Cardinals
  3. Cubs
  4. Astros
  5. Reds
  6. Pirates
I'm feeling like a healthy Ben Sheets is the difference in the division this year. The Cards will come back a bit to the division, but the Cubs didn't get enough better to pass them and challenge for the Wild Card. The Pirates, well, are the Pirates (see John Wasdin and Don Kelly comment below).

NL West
  1. Dodgers
  2. Padres
  3. D'Backs
  4. Rockies
  5. Giants
Another division that I don't know much about. The Giants are still geriatric and Zito isn't that good, the other four teams are very close. I think the two teams that finished above the pack last season will again. Umm, that's all I got. I'm struggling for material here and I don't have much time to learn stuff about this division... sorry.

Back on Sunday with the final previews and probably more bitching about Don Kelly being on the roster.