Friday, September 01, 2006

Ollie update

If you were concerned about Ollie finding his stuff (minus the Ryan Howard incident) after his last start, well, there's his line from last night:

3 IP, 12 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
Call me crazy but I don't think much has changed.

Also, since today is September 1st and Joe Randa and Jeromy Burnitz are still Pirates, it means they will stay that way until October 1st. Paul Meyer has written an article about their roles on the team at the present, and to be honest, since the beginning of the year I've gotten the impression that if Burnitz were a guy that I met in real life, I would probably actually like him a lot (if he didn't kick my ass for all of the terrible things I've said about him on the internet this year). Meyer's article actually furthers that impression for me. It's not Burnitz's fault that Littlefield offered him the contract before this season. Would anyone of us have turned down $6.7 million (what his contract will amount to after we buy the end out) to play one more year of baseball for a living? I don't think so.