Saturday, May 27, 2006

Pirates 12 Astros 5

I could keep saying that Jason Bay is on fire, but I think that would be redundant. Last night he came up with a three run blast in one of those "this inning has been nice, but we need a homer right now to put a cap on this thing" situation to help the Pirates to a 7 run fourth inning (an inning in which Castillo and the rejuvenated Thor also went yard) that garnered them an insurmountable 9-4 lead. Snell was, I suppose the word is adequate because we won and you can't really be less than adequate if you get a win as a starter, but he really wasn't very good last night. All I can really think about at this point is how locked in Jason Bay is, with his easy swing that keeps sending balls rocketing over fences. His swing is so slow and easy looking that I think at this point he's becoming the Ernie Els of Major League Baseball. The timing of it when he's locked in like this is impeccable, his swing really an amazing thing to watch when he's in a zone like this.

On a final note, yeah, I've read what Jim Tracy said after the game and I'm going to go eat lunch before I think about it any more.