Saturday, May 20, 2006

Goin' to the Jake

Tonight I will be viewing the Pirates in their road grays for what I think is the first time of my life, which is kind of hard for me to believe when I really think about it. Actually, they won't be in their road grays but instead they'll be in the unis of the Homestead Grays. I don't understand how it happens, but it seems like every year I end up at at least one game where the clock is turned back to the Negro Leagues. Tonight, the Bucs will make Josh Gibson and the other members of the old Grays turn in their graves as they sully their good name by donning their unis while the Indians will become the Cleveland Buckeyes for a night. Luckily for us, CC Sabathia can only pitch once in the series, so we get Jason Johnson to face off against Ian Snell tonight. Hopefully the mad as hell Ian Snell shows up, because we saw what happened on Mother's Day when the other version of Snell shows up, and I don't want to be in Cleveland in my Pirates garb if the bad Ian Snell shows up tonight. Anyways, I'll be back later with my report from enemy territory.