Friday, May 12, 2006

Bucs and Marlins

Is it bad that if we take 1 of 3 from a pathetic team like the Marlins our winning percentage goes up? Actually, I have this sinking feeling that the bats are going to come alive this weekend and we're going to be stuck with Tracy and his stupid shit-eating grin on Monday. I hate shit-eating grins. Not that I hope we lose, but I hope there's a way we can win some games and avoid his "I told you so" that would inevitably be coming. Tonight, a pitching matchup for the ages, Victor Sants and Sergio Mitre, on Zach Duke bobblehead night.

Tonight's lineup is very similar to the version we tossed out the window yesterday afternoon, Bautista, McLouth, Sanchez, CWilson, Burnitz, Bay, Paulino, Castillo, Santos. As Billy said in the comments a few posts down, Bay batting sixth is a problem, but not as big of a problem as Burnitz playing in general. I don't even have the energy to be angry about this.

UPDATE (7:34)- On the bright side, Victor Santos has managed to outlast his mound counterpart, Sergio Mitre. On the downside, Santos gave up five runs in the top of the first and Mitre exited after 3 pitches with an unspecified injury. Since those three pitches weren't all hit for miraculous bases empty grandslams, we're still down 5-0. If I'm not mistaken, the Marlins payroll is something like $5 million less than Burnitz, Randa, Hernandez, and Casey combined. Money well spent, Dave.
... Yep, I was right, the final tally is Marlins $14.34 million, our four horsemen, $20.25 million.