Sunday, January 29, 2006

More Piratefest

According to Dejan yesterday was the biggest day in Piratefest history, bringing in 6,900 people over the course of the day. I'd believe it, it was mostly elbow to elbow in the convention center yesterday and I think the room was bigger than it was last year. That could be because Friday's opening was smaller than usual due to the Steelers pep rally. Again, I'd believe it because I was also at Heinz on Friday (faced with the same conflict as the kid in the beginning of Dejan's column, going to a mostly empty Piratefest to meet Sean Casey or going to Heinz for the Steelers rally, I chose the pep rally on the basis that I might not ever live in Pittsburgh again when the Steelers are having a free Super Bowl pep rally and Piratefest would be happening two more days in the same weekend) and almost the entire bottom bowl of the stadium was full (it wasn't the 30,000 that was being reported, more like 22-25,000, still impressive).

Anyways, the column is filled with more Piratefest observations from Dejan, so if you couldn't make it to the Dave this weekend, check it out.