Friday, October 07, 2005

One down, three to go

Baseball has it's first semi-finalist and it's not the Sox that most people thought it would be. When I made my predictions I picked the White Sox to win, but they were way more impressive in that sweep than I thought. In fact, those of you with good memories probably remember me picking them to lose in the division series back in early September, then lumping them into the category of teams I didn't think had a chance just a little over a week ago. And yeah, outside of this blog I was certain the Indians were going to overtake them for the AL Central title. Still, they held things together and suddenly have me rethinking my statement that the winner of the Yankees/Angels series is going to the World Series. Yeah, this Red Sox team is nothing like the team that won the World Series last year, but they ain't the Pirates either. Of course, best of all is the fact that for the first time in a couple years the ALCS won't be Red Sox and Yankees. That's something we can all celebrate.