Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Pirates 3 Cubs 2

HOLY CRAP WE SWEPT SOMEONE!!! OK, so it's September 28th, we're playing a team that's as out of things as we are (because once you're out of it you're out of it), and it was only a 2 game series. This means that Duke and Maholm put up back to back wins for the first time ever, thus launching their "Spahn and Sain" campaign. A second inning single by Jason Bay gave him his 100th RBI on the year, taking all of the drama of a chase for 100 out of the final homestand this weekend (not that there's anything wrong with it). Lil' Nate McLouth also ripped his fourth homer of the year and third in as many days prompting a friend to ask, "Shouldn't he be in class? I swear I've seen him in the cafeteria or something."

I would write more about this game, but PEARL JAM AND THE STONES ARE HERE!!! Finally, I can go to PNC Park and actually ENJOY myself!