Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More rumors

Today the PG has more managerial rumors. This one is probably the most unnecessary of them all, as Kent Tekulve has thrown his squarish, horiztonally striped, star covered hat into the ring. I love Teke, as I think all Pirates fans have to. With that being said, if he's managing the Pirates next year I think both McClatchy and Littlefield should be committed (I suppose it's up for debate whether they already should be, but that's besides the point). As usual, Littlefield was non-committal (though it doesn't say anything about him stifling back a laugh):

"I'll give him a call back to talk to him, which I would do for anybody," Littlefield said. "My position is, I do understand people will show interest in this job, but really we're focusing on the rest of the season right now."