Saturday, September 17, 2005

The final word on the callups

Yesterday I posted about our callups and how room needed to be made on the 40-man for Gorzelanny, Capps, and Bullington. The PG notebook today reports that we released Corey Stewart (the other guy that came to us along with Perez and Bay, if my memory serves me correctly he was supposed to be the best player in the deal... he clearly wasn't even close) DFA'd Ray Sadler (who really should have never, ever been put on the 40-man to begin with when we called him up this May), and put Chris Duffy on the 60-day DL. I don't see any big deal here, Stewart's been pretty lousy in the minors since we got him and Ray Sadler' isn't really anything special either. The Notebook also has more about the call-ups, especially Capps (which is good because I knew nothing at all about the kid).

Charlie has a bit of an alternative (but not necessarily different) view at the Bucs Dugout.