Friday, July 29, 2005

The recap

OK, I finally have computer access again. In the downtime there really wasn't a whole lot that happened. We traded David Ross, which I understand. We got a middle infielder, which I don't understand (as if we needed another middle infielder). Kip pitched well yesterday, but our offense returned Dontrelle Willis to world-beater form. I didn't watch the game so I can't say much else. Mark Redman, Jose Mesa, and Matt Lawton are all still Pirates, which means I'm getting less and less positive as the deadline approaches.

Tonight the Bucs and Braves are playing in a downpour in Atlanta. Dave Williams is navigating the raindrops well, leaving a bunch of Braves runners on base through four innings. We have one hit through the same four. Chris Duffy, who's been hot lately, has found a spot on the bench tonight so Tike can get some PT. Someone should probably remind Lloyd that this isn't Little League. Back for more later if they actually make it through this one (and things aren't looking good).