Thursday, July 14, 2005

Cubs 5 Pirates 1

Didn't get to watch today as it was a 2 PM or so start and I do occasionally have to attend my summer job. Which of course means I had to watch GameCast all afternoon. Seemed like Prior dominated and Redman wasn't very good at all (as per the usual from him), though it's tough to tell without any visual images or even any commentary. I assume the Craig Wilson watch will begin soon, as he only has one hit (an infield single) since his return, though he's faced two dominating righties (Pedro and Prior) in two of his three games back. On the positive side (and I don't know if there was much today) Snell seemed to pitch well out of the pen (3 scoreless innings), though again, he was in trouble a couple times and I have nothing to go on other than GameCast. Still, I'm thinking more and more that I'd like to see Snell in Redman's spot in the rotation so I hope DL has a trigger he can pull, and soon.