Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The All-Star Game- AL 7 NL 5

What a snooze. I forgot how much I hate watching baseball on FOX. McCarver and Buck are clowns, the "Diamond Cam" is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen and don't even get me started on "Scooter" or whatever the hell they call that little ball that explains what the pitches are. The little sequences they did with the miked up players talking to each other were kind of cool. Joe Buck proclaiming that "For all the Napoleon Dynamite fans out there, Felipe Lopez is wearing a 'Vote for Pedro' shirt under his jersey" was not. Of course, the un-coolest of them all was Tony LaRussa leaving Jason Bay (and only Jason Bay) on his bench (unless I really missed something), even with his team getting crushed in the 9th and with the opportunity to let him pinch hit for Andruw Jones or Carlos Lee. What an assclown.