Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Yankees 7 Pirates 5

If I ever see Jose Mesa on the mound again in black and gold, I will vomit.

UPDATE (10:44 PM): I am absolutely speechless. Giambi has absolutely no power left after going off the roids. He had four home runs coming into tonights game, less than TY WIGGINTON. You know, that guy we sent down to AAA and celebrated when it happened. Last night he hit a ball as well as he had all year, and it couldn't make it over the center field fence, yet tonight he hits a tape measure shot off Mesa. This charade needs to end, I don't care who closes and I don't even know who will, Gonzalez has been poor in key situations lately too, but it's time for someone else to get a shot. The man is 39 years old. We are gaining nothing from watching him blow every tough situation he's brought into. Right now I want to break something, or maybe just vomit all over my keyboard, or maybe just cry myself to sleep. I let them get my hopes up again and nothing is different.

ANOTHER UPDATE (12:21 AM): OK, saw the replay on Baseball Tonight of the play at first. Looked like Sheff was out, but that doesn't change my complaints (and if you are the Pittsburgh Pirates and you need to rely on getting calls in Yankee Stadium to win, you might as well just give up because the game is already over, we didn't get the call but the game still should've been won). As a premier closer (you know what, screw premier, as a CLOSER in general), you shouldn't be walking Bernie Williams. The guy is ancient (and three years younger than Mesa, think about that) and hitting .236. You shouldn't be giving up game tying doubles to Jorge Posada (hitting only .263 against righties this year), and you most certainly, most definitely, should not ever give up a monster Ruthian home run to the juiceless Giambi. THE GUY ONLY HAS 9 EXTRA BASE HITS AND WE'RE HALFWAY THROUGH JUNE.