Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stuff and things

Bucs win! Bucs win! Snell has come around a lot in the past month or so. Mildly encouraging.

I know reading things like this can be terrifying because it paints the picture of Morgan as a starting corner outfielder, which is a nightmare of Tim Burton-esque proportions.

After being promoted from Class AAA Indianapolis Aug. 19, Morgan batted .347 -- 41 for 118 -- with 11 doubles and 20 runs. He reached base safely in 25 of 27 starts.

Because of that, he is being considered for starting duty next year.

"He did some really good things," manager John Russell said. "He was exciting. He really added a dimension to our offense. His missing three games is not going to affect our evaluation."

Consider, though, that Michael Bourn was the key piece for the Phillies in the Brade Lidge trade. And that it's John Russell making these statements, not the front office. And what I'm saying is that I won't be surprised to see Morgan somewhere other than Pittsburgh next year. I'm not saying we'll get Brad Lidge for him, just that he might be valuable to someone else.

Don't hate me, but I'd like to see Dale Sveum and Jason Kendall get to the playoffs, even if it means they drag Prince Fielder's giant ass along with them. Sveum got dealt a rough hand replacing Yost with 12 games left for his first managerial job and I hope he makes the best of it. Also, I really think that if Sheets is healthy, the Brewers are the only team in the NL that can beat the Cubs. And I really want someone to beat the Cubs.

I swear if FOX tries to show me Red Sox/Yankees instead of Brewers/Cubs this afternoon, I'm going to flip out.