Thursday, July 10, 2008

Quick Hits

JVB was demoted after his poor performance last night to make room for Luis Munoz. Munoz started out the season in AAA, but was demoted to AA after being terrible in Indianapolis. I don't know what to say other than, "I don't think he's very good." I guess he'll fill the rotation slot, but that spot won't come up again until after the break so I don't really know what good calling himup will do unless he's pitching out of the pen.

If you've been checking FanHouse and noticing it's pretty buggy today, that's because we're in the middle of a major upgrade. The site's at FanHouse.com now (the old URL will redirect) and among other things, they've apparently upgraded the commenting system in a pretty serious manner, so hopefully that won't suck so much any more.

In light of the American Mustache Institute backing Jason Giambi for the All-Star Game, I decided to check out their website. It's hilarious. I'm thinking about growing a mustache now.

This isn't strictly Pirate related, but I have to pass this on to someone. Last week the Penguins signed Janne Pesonen, a Finnish winger. The only highlight reel anyone could find of him was this one. For some reason, the Finnish pop that plays in the background is incredibly catchy. I decided I had to find the original music video for the song. The video is the probably most amazing thing I've ever seen on the internet.



If you can't get the song out of your head now, I'm sorry. Welcome to the club.